Monday, January 10, 2011

2011











Can't believe it's the 10th January already. Time seems to be slipping by quickly at the moment. I guess it's because we're not out and about as much as we were in the summer.

We both enjoyed our trip to the UK over Christmas. It was great to catch up with family and friends. I do still think of the UK as home, but then Johanne is now home as well. How fortunate we are to have 2 places to call home.

David has been working hard to improve Johanne and is currently building a new cupboard in the galley. Everything has to be made to measure as there are lots of curves and few right angles inside the boat. Nothing is level.

I have been working on developing my creative talents with little bits of decoration, making a fly screen ready for the summer and finishing my patchwork quilt. The quilt is almost done. Those of you who have known me for a long time may recognise various bits of clothing from over the years - including the bridesmaid's dress I wore to Jen and Pete's wedding some 35? years ago. As the patchwork is such an eclectic mix of patterns, it took a while to find the right backing fabric. But, find it we did and David bought it for me as an early birthday present. I am so pleased it's finally going to be finished and we'll be able to use it this winter.





No comments:

Post a Comment