Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas one and all. It's Christmas Eve and I'm sitting in my parents' lounge in Brightlingsea. Have been meaning to post this for some time but our electricity supply in Nevers has been extremely unreliable, which affects our wifi signal. There was a small team of electricians there as we left and I very much hope it will be fixed by the time we return.
Our journey on the 21st was much better than we expected, having seen footage of the queues at St Pancras. We arrived at Gare du Nord about 1:30pm and were on Eurostar within the hour. The trip was a little slower than usual due to icy tracks, (but not as slow as the Liverpool St to Marks Tey leg!).
I am looking forward to the traditional family day at my sister's tomorrow and hope you all enjoy yours as much as I will. We'll be back in Nevers in time for the New Year and wish you a happy and healthy 2011.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Christmas from us both on an ice-bound Wandering Snail and wishing you smooth cruising for 2011. Perhaps we'll meet again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Not too icy here - yet. Hope you're keeping warm.

    ReplyDelete