Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Cepoy/Montargis


Our stop near Chateau-Landon was a real, rural interlude. There were just one or two houses nearby, but 3 villages within cycling distance - Chateau-Landon, Souppes-sur-Loing and Dordives. David was able to collect lots of firewood there which will help keep us warm this winter.
We decided to stay in Cepoy rather than moor in Montargis - partly because its free and partly because it would be quieter. Also, we were able to get the motorbike ashore and David whisked me to the station so I could meet Sue in Paris. Cepoy turned out to be a great stop for both of us. Rural enough for David and near enough to a town for me, with all the essentials in the village. I like being able to get off the boat and walk to the boulangerie.
I really enjoyed my day in Paris with Sue, Katherine and Judith. We saw some beautiful objets d'arts at the Medici exhibition in the Musee Maillol and had time for a shop in Bon Marche. A perfect girls day out!
The photo shows us cruising through Montargis.

No comments:

Post a Comment